Wednesday 29 October 2008

Feed your Design 1.0

Albert Einstein once said "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources". Well, call me foolish, but I am about to reveal my sources. Design Blogs, otherwise known as feeds, can provide essential inspiration in times of Dire Straights!

I'd like to do this on a weekly basis, so first up this week is:

Smashing Magazine
These guys are inspiration guru's. The blog is filled with free tutorials, photoshop brushes, fonts, icons and great collections of different design styles. Search for "grunge" and you'll get a page full of recent posts featuring grunge designs. My favorite bit is definately the "Inspiration" link, full of stuff that will, as the authors themselves say, "make your life easier, really!".

It must be said these guys are more digitally focused than print, but worth a look whatever your field.

check them out at www.smashingmagazine.com

Till the next time, let your mind travel

No comments:

Post a Comment